magicJack Go can be used with or without a computer – it s the customer s choice. Each magicJackTM GO comes with an Ethernet (internet) cable and a Power Adapter. You can, of course, still directly plug the magicJackTM Plus into a computer s USB port. A USB extension cord is included with each magicJackTM GO.
This option is especially useful or individuals who travel with their magicJackTM Plus. In addition to offering free local and long distance phone service throughout the United States and Canada (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) that will stay on at all times, customer s existing phone numbers can now be transferred or ported to their magicJackTM GO.
Please note that there is a $19.95 charge to transfer/port a phone number and it s $9.95 per year thereafter. Porting is only available in the U.S. only for now. Of course, each magicJackTM Plus includes a free new phone number so customers who do not wish to transfer or port their existing phone number may select a new one. MagicJack does not officially support faxing. The problem is that MagicJack, like Vonage and Skype, relies on VoIP, a technology that is not really compatible with fax machines, mainly because fax was designed for analog networks.magicJackTM Plus, like magicJackTM, includes free: Voice Mail, Call Waiting, Caller ID, Call Forwarding, Directory Assistance and emergency 911service.
|» VoIP adapter: Enables you to make unlimited local and long-distance calls to the U.S. and Canada, plus international calling, using your existing Internet connection, for an annual fee (12 months of service included).||»Optional phone number porting: Lets you keep your home, work or cell phone number (additional fees may apply). Vanity phone number option permits selection of an easy-to-remember number (additional fees may apply).|
|» Caller ID: Offers easy identification of incoming calls. Directory assistance helps you find an unknown number.||Conference call number: Ensures easy communication with a group.|
|» Product Dimensions: Height 2.9, Width, 1.5, Depth in inches. Weight 1 Oz.||Voicemail: Allows callers to leave a message.|
- Plug the Ethernet Cord into MagicJackTM Go. Plug the other end of the Ethernet Cord into a modem or router.
- Connect the Power Adapter to the USB stick of the magicJackTM Go and plug the Power Adapter into the wall.
- Plug any regular or cordless phone into the magicJack
- MagicJack Go will install in approximately 60 seconds and stay on at all times.
- Crystal Clear Voice Quality Stop dropping mobile phone calls indoors. Experience consistent local and long distance voice quality.
- Take your Phone Anywhere Travel with your magicJack Go device and make Unlimited local & long distance calls to the U.S. and Canada.
- Included with your magicJack GO: – New 2014 magicJack GO Device – Ethernet Cord – Power Adapter – USB Extension Cord + 1 YEAR of Free Service.
What is in the box
- MagicJack GO VoIP Adapter with 12 Months of Service
- USB power adapter, USB extension cable
- Ethernet cable
- Owner’s manual
How to Install the MagicJack Go